Wednesday, November 3, 2010

day 3... random institute class

i wasn't sure what i wanted to blog about today because there was 50% off halloween candy at walmart today, and i was pretty excited about that! but i decided to go a little deeper than that, so today i'm thankful for tonight's random institute class. i say random because this is the first class all semester that i have gone to... yes, i know i'm a slacker! i'm so grateful that Heavenly Father pushed me to go cause it was an awesome lesson. we went through about 4 sections in D&C which i absolutely love because a lot of D&C is written in first person, so it's like God is talking directly to me... yeah, i know the scriptures are written to us already, but it just seems more personal. anyways, the lesson like all institute lessons was great. i especially liked how she not just taught about the happenings in D&C, but how to apply them in the here and now. but what i'm specifically grateful for tonight is that the teacher held us accountable for what we learned. none of us were allowed to leave until we shared something we learned from the lesson that will change our life. so she forced me to say what i was thinking and feeling instead of just keeping it to myself, which is always a good thing!

this is the scripture that i chose to talk about... D&C 45:9
"And even so I have sent mine everlasting convenant into the world, to be a light to the world, and to be a standard for my people, and for the Gentiles to seek to it, and to be a messenger before my face to prepare the way before me."

i'm so grateful for the incredible people i have been blessed with in my life who have been a standard, a messenger and a light to me. and i need to be better and have the confidence to let the light that Christ has blessed me with shine and do all i can to share the goodness of the gospel with others.

great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment