Monday, June 7, 2010

the summer must go on...

Summer is here and life couldn't be better right?!?! Ha, it's truly amazing to me how quickly things can change... but I'll get to that later!

I got to spend the first 2 weeks of May gallivanting around the beautiful land of New Zealand and the breathtaking beaches of Samoa with my team... I heart my job! It was my second time visiting these amazing countries, and I really couldn’t be more grateful for the incredible experiences I had whilst I was there. It was definitely a life changing experience that I will remember and cherish forever.

Here are a few of the hundreds of pictures that were taken!

...New Zealand...



...SAMOA...





Simply incredible, right?! If you want the full update and day-to-day play-by-play, go to our team blog... uvuvolleyball.blogspot.com

Life after the trip has been pretty great! Just catching up with work, enjoying the crazy Utah weather (snow to sunshine... go figure!), and enjoying time with my friends and family!

I've been pretty pumped for this summer and have been looking forward to so many fun activities like... running my first half marathon, running the Ragnar Relay, (ha, running just in general), playing in outdoor volleyball tournaments with the bestie, hiking the beautiful Utah mountains, just doing anything and everything I can outside... I just love summer!
Unfortunately, my summer dreams have been cut short. Maegs and I played in our first outdoor tourney on Memorial Day, and about halfway through the day I went up to hit and my knee gave out when I landed. Long/emotional story short, I blew out my knee and am scheduled for surgery on June 16th. Kind of a bummer... but life and summer goes on!

-complete ACL tear - Partial tear or strain of PCL - tear of lateral meniscus - partial tear of MCL - partial tear of LCL - serious bone bruising... yeah, it's just a bit sore :)

So yes, it is amazing how quickly plans and life can change, and all it takes is something small. I'm grateful for the help, support, and prayers of my incredible friends and family. Even amongst the challenge, I feel so blessed and I'm excited for the lessons Heavenly Father is trying to teach me (apparently, i didn't learn enough with my first surgery... i struggle!) Needless to say, this summer will be a time of learning humility and patience, getting back on my feet, and of course FUN... BRING IT ON!!

2 comments:

  1. uhhhh... ya. your mom told me on sunday. yucko. i'm so sorry dude. i am seriously crushed for you. by reading your blog i think you're taking it lots better than i am. i'll call you this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LACE! I am so sorry!! That is terrible! Please let me know if there is anything i can do for you! LOVE YOU GIRL!

    ReplyDelete